AAMI's Young Professional Award
This award is presented annually to a professional, under the age of 35, who exhibits exemplary professional accomplishments and a commitment to the healthcare profession.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Employment in the healthcare field of 3 years or more.
- A commitment to the advancement of the profession by writing articles, participating on professional committees, and/or speaking at industry events.
- A commitment to being a positive role model for the profession and peers.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Specific professional examples of leadership.
- Important personal traits such as integrity, professionalism, creativity, and leadership.
- Involvement with AAMI and/or other local or state organizations.
The award includes a $1,000 check and plaque to be presented at the 2019 AAMI Exchange in Cleveland, OH.
The deadline for 2019 nominations has now passed. For more information on future nomination periods, contact email@example.com.
Young Professional Award Winners
- 2019 - Benjamin Esslinger, CHTM, CBET
- 2018 – Clarice Holden
- 2017 – Priyanka Upendra
- 2016 – Jennifer DeFrancesco
- 2015 – Erin Sparnon
- 2014 – Shelly Crisler
- 2013 – Barrett Franklin, MS, CCE
2019 Award Recipient
Benjamin Esslinger, CHTM, CBET
This year’s winner, Benjamin Esslinger, 30, is an emerging leader in the field, serving as a role model for his peers and the students he seeks to inspire. Throughout his career, Esslinger has demonstrated the importance of life-long learning and professional development. After entering the HTM field, he earned an associate degree and then continued to enroll in classes part-time, obtaining his bachelor’s degree in 2013. Esslinger also has self-acquired expertise in cybersecurity, working closely with the Medical Device Innovation, Safety & Security Consortium to better understand the cutting-edge challenges of software vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them. In addition, Esslinger has earned his CBET and CHTM credentials, all while balancing employment and personal responsibilities.
For more information, contact MaryJane Thomas at +1-703-253-8296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.