AAMI News March 2019, Volume 54, Issue 3
The Food and Drug Administration has issued final guidance for a program intended to modernize the 510(k) premarket clearance process...
The Food and Drug Administration has added 138 consensus standards to its online recognition database, including 23 developed by AAMI or AAMI-managed committees.
AAMI has established the AAMI Fellow Program to recognize those who have provided substantial service and contributions to the association and the health technology industry as a whole.
A fundamental risk management standard that first appeared on the global scene more than a decade ago is in the midst of a makeover, with a revision expected to be published in the third quarter of 2019.
- News in Brief
- AAMI Welcomes New Senior Vice President of Education
- Workshop Teaches How to ‘Do Smarter’ Healthcare Technology Management
- ‘Smash Hit’ TIR57 Spurs Development of New Standard
- Q&A with Tina Krenc: The Importance of Risk Management
- As QMS Rules Change, Device Industry Likely Faces Short-Term Pain—but Long-Term Gain
- FDA Workshop Tackles ‘Critical’ Cybersecurity Challenges
- Medical System Security: How Did I (We) Get Here?
- The Big Picture: AAMI Center for Excellence
- Asked & Answered: Sterilization and Wet Packs
- Career Center: How to Claim Continuing Education Units for ACI Certifications
- One on One: Zach Collins
- AAMI All-Star: Phil Raymond
- Members on the Move
- Standards Spotlight: AAMI, BSI Publish Recommendations to Support Smart Use of Artificial Intelligence
- Advertisers in this Issue