AAMI News November 2018, Volume 53, Issue 11
Healthcare organizations are generating and collecting enormous amounts of data. Coupled with advances in wearable technology and sensors, the conditions are ripe for artificial intelligence (AI) and related technologies to forever change the healthcare technology field in the coming years.
A blockbuster consolidation of two independent service organizations and a stepped-up pace of mergers and restructurings are turning heads in the healthcare technology management (HTM) community.
Key committees are fast-tracking new standards for auditory alarm signals, a tacit recognition of the growing number and types of alarm sounds in clinical settings—and the associated challenge in making sense of them to best support patient safety.
Mark your calendars and make your plans for June 8, 2019! Nicholas Webb, a top innovation strategist, futurist, award-winning inventor, and bestselling author, will be the opening Main Stage speaker at the AAMI Exchange, the name for AAMI’s growing and reimagined Annual Conference & Expo.
- News in Brief
- Medtronic’s Earl Bakken, AAMI and Industry Pioneer, Dies at 94
- ACI Board Suspends Two Certifications
- Alarm Management: Views from the Field
- AAMI Foundation Offers New Tools for Clinical Alarm Management
- Competition Showcases Winning Ideas for Pediatric Devices
- Cybersecurity Tops ECRI Institute’s Health Technology Hazard List
- New! Sterilization Self-Assessment Tool
- Remembering Two Stellar AAMI Members
- AAMI Partners with Singapore Group for Education, Certification Programs
- Asked & Answered: AEM
- FDA Plans to Streamline Third-Party 510(k) Reviews
- Career Center: Road Trip, Interviews Lead to Roadmap for Healthcare Technology Management
- One on One with David Giarracco
- AAMI All-Star: Steve Baker
- Members on the Move
- Standards Spotlight: 'Mega Standard' in the Works for Electrocardiographic Equipment
- Advertisers in this Issue