AAMI News October 2015, Volume 50, Issue 10
AAMI is planning an event next month that will bring together hospital representatives, medical device manufacturers, and other interested parties to explore solutions to vexing challenges related to the supportability of healthcare technology.
In an exclusive interview with AAMI, Jeffrey Shuren, MD, spoke in detail about the work of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH)—for which he serves as director—its relationship with industry, its views on patient safety, and the state of medical innovation in general.
Mark Woods, a healthcare technology management professional for more than three decades, has a new spring in his step, and it’s all because of a test. This past June, Woods took and passed the new certification exam for healthcare technology managers (CHTM).
A new white paper developed by a special AAMI working group of industry executives, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) representatives, and other experts, lays out six principles to guide the management of risk of medical devices in the postmarket setting.
- News in Brief
- Report Issues Recommendations for Medical Device Evaluation System
- On the Road: A Pleasant Surprise at a Workshop on Standards
- Major Revision of Standard for Quality Management Systems Nears Finish Line
- AAMI's Supportability Task Force Creates Checklists
- Top 10 Ways to Mitigate the Risk and Effects of Cyberattacks on Medical Devices
- FDA Calls Its Medical Device Program ‘Markedly Improved’
- The Big Picture: Visit to University of Virginia Health System
- Tech World: A Young Professional and Student Dreams Big
- Two New Videos for Sterilization Professionals Hit the Market
- Professional Mentoring: A Win–Win Relationship
- In Profile: Tammy B. Buster
- Volunteer Spotlight: Richard Zink
- Members on the Move
- New TIR Tackles Challenges of Combination Products
- Advertisers in this Issue