AAMI News October 2016, Volume 51, Issue 10
AAMI’s Board of Directors has named Robert D. Jensen, a longtime executive in the healthcare industry, as the association’s next president and CEO.
More attention needs to be paid to the role of medical devices and equipment in stopping the spread of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
CDRH intends to focus on leveraging “big data” for regulatory decision making and modernizing biocompatibility and biological risk evaluation of device materials in 2017.
A headline-grabbing report of alleged vulnerabilities in St. Jude Medical’s implantable heart devices by investment firm Muddy Waters and cybersecurity research firm MedSec Holdings has set off a flurry of claims and counterclaims—and even a lawsuit.
- News in Brief
- Contest Asks Students to Envision Future Medical Technology
- Industry & Innovation News
- Veteran Clinical Engineer Joins AAMI Foundation Staff
- AAMI Updates Core Competencies for HTM Professionals
- Experts Weigh In on Combating HAIs with Device Design
- Report Fills Radiation Sterilization Guidance Gap, Expert Says
- Microbiologist Identifies Noncritical Device Disinfection Challenge
- The Big Picture: Frank Overdyk
- ‘Big Data’ Underscores Need for Support Staff to Track Inventory
- Fore! Board Member Tees Off in Golf Federation Tournament
- HTM Skills Can Reach Far Beyond Borders
- One on One: Rose Seavey
- Volunteer Spotlight: Danielle McGeary
- Member News: Members on the Move
- Advertisers in this Issue
- Spotlight on Standards: Developing Better Standards through Systems Thinking