AAMI News January 2017, Volume 52, Issue 1
AAMI launched this major cybersecurity survey in an effort to obtain actionable data to help the healthcare technology field after a string of high-profile cyberattacks.
Phil Cogdill and Robert Jensen reflect on the association’s rich history and discuss where healthcare technology is headed.
The AAMI Foundation will award up to $80,000 to support research focused on improving patient safety and eliminating morbidity and mortality associated with the use of healthcare technology.
The upcoming inauguration of Donald J. Trump as president promises to reshape the business landscape for the healthcare technology and medical device industries.
- News in Brief
- Framework Promotes Shared Thinking on Benefit-Risk Assessment
- Major Risk Management Standard to be Updated
- AAMI Leader Honored for Setting the Standard—with Standards
- Device Security to Take Center Stage at AAMI 2017 Conference
- Tech World: Troubleshoot ‘from the Outside in’ Advises BMET
- The Big Picture: AAMI's Founders
- Webinars to Address What to Do Before the FDA Comes Knocking
- AAMI Releases Guide to Prep for CHTM Exam
- One On One: Mike Ahmadi
- Volunteer Spotlight: Larry Hertzler
- Member News: Members on the Move
- Spotlight on Standards: Longtime Standards Developer Reflects on Changes in Profession
- Advertisers in this Issue