AAMI News January 2018, Volume 53, Issue 1
With the start of a new year, AAMI President and CEO Robert Jensen and Phil Cogdill, chair of the AAMI Board of Directors and director of quality sterilization and microbiology at Medtronic, took a look at where the association is headed.
Medical devices pass through the hands of people with different skills, priorities, cultures, and expertise, often resulting in misuse, abuse, and ultimately broken equipment.
AAMI is hosting a two-day conference in collaboration with BSI and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) this spring to help clarify recent and upcoming changes to U.S. and international standards and regulations for medical devices and other healthcare technologies,
The FDA says it will step up its efforts to modernize the review process for medical devices, placing a greater emphasis on the use of postmarket data and relying more on international standards to help evaluate products in 2018.
- News in Brief
- FDA Prepares for ‘Wave of New Technologies’ as 3D Printing Takes Off for Devices
- Human Factors Book Guides Manufacturers on How to Make Devices Safer, One Step at a Time
- Winning the Gold, AAMI Foundation Scholarship Program Expands
- New Webinar Series Focuses on Optimizing the Value of CMMS Data
- Biomeds from Across Mexico Share Ideas to Improve Health
- Tech World: An Uncle’s Heart Restarts and a Biomed’s Career Is Born
- The Big Picture
- Asked & Answered
- Career Center: Are You a Manager, a Leader—or Both?
- One on One: Rob Menson
- Members on the Move
- Standards Spotlight: The Compliance Countdown Has Begun for 13485:2016
- Advertisers in this Issue