AAMI News December 2016, Volume 51, Issue 12
From cybersecurity to third-party service, regulatory changes to patient safety, 2016 provided no shortage of headlines and debates. So what were the top healthcare technology stories of the past year? Here are our picks.
Infusion pump errors are the number one health technology safety concern to watch out for in 2017, according to an annual report published by experts at the ECRI Institute.
The FDA has released a final guidance document that aims to help medical device manufacturers better understand when and how to report device-related adverse events and certain malfunctions.
Here are 10 complimentary resources to help improve patient safety, keep your skills up to date, and advance your career.
- News In Brief
- Amid Tributes, Logan Steps Down as AAMI's Leader
- New Award to Debut as Part of 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Healthcare Technology Wish List
- Longtime Liaison for Japanese 'Sister Society' Stepping Down
- Could Medical Devices Be Used to Take Down the Internet?
- Tech World: HTM Director Exhorts Techs to Look Beyond the Service Manual
- Say Ahh! BMET Discovers Love for Job in a Dental Chair
- One On One: Rachel Yarnevic
- Volunteer Spotlight: Brian Bell
- Member News: Members on the Move
- The Big Picture: Standards Strategy Meeting
- Spotlight on Standards: Electrical Equipment Committee Looks to Future
- Advertisers in this Issue