At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- The AAMI Podcast explores today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at email@example.com. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
May 21, 2018 – Priyanka Upendra: Why You Need an HTM Compliance Program
The healthcare industry faces more regulations each year and a more aggressive enforcement environment. Healthcare technology management (HTM) services enforce their own requirements with the vendors they partner with. Because of the broad scope of services provided by HTM departments and the evolution of clinical technologies, compliance issues can flare up in minutes in the […]
April 25, 2018 – William Hyman: Will Unique Device Identifiers Live Up to the Hype?
The ongoing roll out of unique device identifiers (UDIs) promises several expected benefits derived from medical devices possessing UDI codes. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently published Medical Device Safety Action Plan that describes one such benefit. The plan predicts that UDIs will provide "a mechanism to reduce medical errors by enabling healthcare professionals […]
April 24, 2018 – You Are Not ‘Just’ a BMET
Whether at local, regional, or national gatherings of healthcare technology management (HTM) professionals, I’ve noticed a common misconception that people with certain job titles automatically deserve a higher level of respect. It is typical for individuals in these settings to introduce themselves by saying their name and the name of their employer. Often, the conversation […]