At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- The AAMI Podcast explores today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at email@example.com. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
September 22, 2017 – Steve Yelton: We Need Your Help for a National Science Foundation Grant
A common theme for many years and escalating now is the need for qualified healthcare technology management (HTM) technicians. We have heard you and are working diligently to effectively look â€œoutside the boxâ€ to address this challenge. A group of us at AAMI and beyond are working on attaining a National Science Foundation planning grant […]
September 21, 2017 – William Hyman: Bills in Congress Address Medical Device Safety
In April, Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) introduced HR 2163, the Medical Device Guardians Act. This act proposes to add physicians and physician offices to those that must report medical devices misadventures under the FDAâ€™s Medical Device Reporting (MDR) requirements. The legislation excels in brevity and simplicity by amending the term â€œcovered device user facilityâ€ in […]
September 19, 2017 – Robert Sayle: Get Manufacturers on Board with Digital Certificates
Hey, biomed! Thanks for waiting for me after the change control board meeting IT just had. I wanted to follow up on our discussion of supplicants for medical device cybersecurity because the best way to leverage 802.1X is to use digital certificates. Why would we do this? Because we can prepare your equipment for authentication […]